Civil War Era CDV Man with Guitar 1866 Musician Musical Carte de Visite Tax Stamp
Wonderful CDV depicting a young man who is identified on the verso as one "Frank Watkins". He is seated holding a guitar, with a Civil War style straw hat on the table. The verso bears the backmark of Doyle Bro's of Painesville, Ohio. The image is a bit light and lacks contrast, but still displays very well and is of a desirable subject matter.
The image remains in good condition, showing signs of age, use, and wear. Minor edge wear is evident.
Please see the pictures for more detail. Guaranteed 100% authentic in every respect for life. Be sure to see our other listings for more historical antiques and militaria.
The item "Civil War Era CDV Man with Guitar 1866 Musician Musical Carte de Visite Tax Stamp" is in sale since Monday, April 12, 2021. This item is in the category "Collectibles\Photographic Images\Vintage & Antique (Pre-1940)\CDVs". The seller is "historical_antiques" and is located in Greenville, Pennsylvania. This item can be shipped to United States.
- Photo Type: CDV
- Signed: No
- Color: Black & White
- Date of Creation: 1860-1869
- Region of Origin: US
- Framing: Unframed
- Modified Item: No
- Subject: Historic & Vintage
- Size Type/Largest Dimension: Small (Up to 7")
- Listed By: Dealer or Reseller
- Original/Reprint: Original Print
- Featured Refinements: Civil War Era CDV
- Time Period Manufactured: Vintage & Antique (Pre-1940)
- Country/Region of Manufacture: United States